This is a good example how to take simple ingredients and make a new interesting dish. It also makes preparing meals everyday a little easier. I encourage everyone to make their own creation!
This recipe is somewhat higher in sodium. Changing up the ingredients (using dried beans and using a flavoring alternative other than the soup) would greatly reduce the sodium.
Changing up the ingredients (using less chicken, more rice, adding more vegetables) can alter the macronutrients per serving to best suit your needs.
Feel free to add other vegetables/proteins/carbs to really make it exquisite.
Also, this is a very large quantity of food. Reducing the amount will cut the preparation time down greatly and make the process much simpler. This requires a very large container to hold and mix the ingredients.
Enjoy this recipe or create your own! This is a great alternative to eating brown rice and chicken every day, and is great cooking practice.
Total Calories: 9,991
Calories Per Serving: Around 345 (11oz serving)
Total Servings: 29
Macronutrients Per serving: Carbs 37.5 Protein 36.5 Fat 5.5
Cost Per Serving: $1.30
Total Preparation Time: 2.5 hours
Long Grain Brown Rice (2lbs Dry)
Diced Tomatoes: 2 cans
Beans: (Navy, Black, Great Northern, Pinto) 1 Can each
98%Fat Free Soup: (Cream of Mushroom, Celery, and Chicken) 1 can each
Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast: 10 pounds (not frozen)
Coconut Oil: 1 tablespoon
Green Peppers: 2 whole fresh
- Cook the chicken
- Cook the rice (add one tablespoon of coconut oil to rice while cooking)
- While the chicken is cooking chop up the green peppers and chicken
- Add together chicken, peppers, beans, soup, and tomatoes
- Mix everything together (the toughest part)
- Add in additional greens for more fiber and volume (spinach, broccoli, green beans, etc.) Add these in when preparing meals to eat and not mixed in with the base unless desired.